The Dental Culture Con With Karese Laguerre and Chris “Love” Williams
Do you feel as though your dental practice is not only recognizing but also celebrating diversity? For a closer look at this vital topic, I welcome experienced dental practitioners Karese Laguerre, RDH, and Chris “Love” Williams, RDH, to this episode. Both feel as though diversity is missing from our industry and are organizing an amazing experience for all to learn more about this topic. In this episode, we delve into diversity, equity, and inclusion within our workplace and patient culture.
Karese is a Myofunctional Therapist, author, and founder of The Myo Spot, a practice through which she uses teletherapy to help clients overcome tongue ties, TMJ disorders, sleep apnea, grinding, anxiety, and various breathing and orofacial dysfunction. Chris "Love" Williams is a United States Air Force combat veteran turned dental hygienist, entrepreneur, speaker, and life coach. As an accomplished professional and motivational speaker, Chris inspires audiences with his unique perspective and infectious enthusiasm and has a personal mission to impact 1 million people. Together, Karese and Chris share a passion for celebrating diversity and have co-founded The Dental Culture Con, an interactive virtual conference that will be happening June 15 -17, 2023.
“There is a person attached to these teeth” is a saying that Karese likes to say, and this is so true as we show understanding and empathy to the various populations we serve within our dental practices. It is important to celebrate the differences that people have. Within our industry, patients are more likely to show up to their appointments and respect our dental practices when we respect them as humans.
Chris says they are working to promote the “peaceful harmony of connectedness” that people genuinely want to feel. Regarding the conference he says, “The goal is for people to know how to connect with others who are different.” As dental practice owners, it is important to create offices that are inviting to all. As we advertise, showing diversity demonstrates our welcomeness to all within our communities. And this applies to staffing as well, as we work to create environments that retain our current staff and attract new, diverse team members. It’s important to include and represent everyone and celebrate them in the best way possible.
Are you ready to learn more about celebrating our differences and all the ways those appear in our lives? If you think culture is important to your business and your life, you are invited to attend The Dental Culture Con! Listen to this episode for more information about the event and a greater understanding of diversity and how it can impact our dental practices!
Highlights from this episode:
- Why it is important for dental practice owners to pay attention to diversity
- In a time where there are employee shortages in our industry, the need to build a culture where people are celebrated because they are different
- Ways to communicate welcomeness to our practices
- How culture will be discussed in the upcoming conference and how to build it within your practice
- Bringing the five love languages into our practices and getting the most from our employees
- The importance of recognizing why people enter dentistry
Resources and links mentioned:
- Event website: Dentalcuturecon.com
- Karese’s book: Accomplished: How to Sleep Better, Eliminate Burnout and Execute Goals
- Watch Laura's podcasts on YouTube: Love Your Practice!
- Laura’s email: [email protected]
- Laura’s website: LoveYourPractice.net
- Laura’s podcast: Love Your Practice!
- Laura’s TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@drlauramach
- Laura’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drlauramachdds/?hl=en
To get my FREE class Love Your Employees, text Loveyouremployees (all one word) to 66866
Laura’s Facebook pages:
Thank you so much for tuning in to this podcast! I would love it if you would share it with others and leave a review for others to see!