A Fun Look at Being a Working Mom With My Little Sister, Marla!
I am so delighted to welcome to this episode my favorite podcast guest ever… my little sister, Marla! She has been such a big part of my life and a very positive influence upon the person and professional I am today. Marla is a loving wife and mother and has been a nurse for 10 years. She cares so much for others, and I am excited to chat with her so you can get to know her… and enjoy our fun and positive outlook on facing the challenges of being a working mom and getting through each day!
Marla works in a cardiac unit in a hospital - undoubtedly, this position can be very stressful! Then she goes home to all of her responsibilities at home, which includes taking care of a son with Autism. So, friends, life in her home can be busy! This episode focuses on “keeping it real” at home, recognizing that things don’t have to be perfect, acknowledging it’s okay to rely on others for help at times, and the importance of taking care of yourself. We laugh our way through this fun episode that also hits on some very important methods of managing life in a home with children… sometimes accepting that organization is best when others “Just don’t see it!” Listen now to our personal, open conversation that may help you realize that it really is fine to manage your home and parenting YOUR way!
Highlights from this episode:
- Challenges of parenting and working
- Debunking the visions of what “proper” parenting looks like
- Letting go of previous standards when new challenges (such as a new baby!) present themselves
- Learning that things do not have to be perfect when you’re a parent
- Helping others shows love, so don’t be afraid to ask for help - it’s someone else’s opportunity to serve
- The importance of selecting chores to let go of with the goal of streamlining your task list
- Helpful advice for moms of young kids
- Managing the sometimes-difficult transition between leaving work and arriving home to the needs there
- What we mean by “Just don’t see it!”
Resources and links mentioned:
Be sure to see the photos mentioned in the episode. You can view those on my website at the link below.
Watch Laura's podcasts on YouTube: Love Your Practice!
Laura’s email: [email protected]
Laura’s website: LoveYourPractice.net
Laura’s podcast: Love Your Practice!
Laura’s Facebook pages:
Thank you so much for tuning in to this podcast! I would love it if you would share it with others and leave a review for others to see!