Mastering Emotions and Conversations With Katherine Eitel BeltJan 11, 2023
We all communicate each and every day. And how we do that has an amazing impact on our team members and our patients. On this episode, I am pleased to welcome Katherine Eitel Belt, CSP, Founder and CEO of LionSpeak Communications Coaching. Katherine focuses on both team-facing and patient-facing communications. This episode explores the importance of always delivering messages from a place of integrity and from a good emotional space as we recognize that we want the best for ourselves and those around us.
As dentists, we all want to help people. But when we wear all the hats we need to wear as dental practice owners, we can feel overwhelmed. And then we can get into negative head spaces — or as Katherine says “emotional platforms” — where we suffer from negative thoughts, especially when we need to deliver bad news to employees or patients. However, this episode will help you develop your ability to center yourself before conversations so you can enter them from the platform of trying to make things better for both you and the person to whom you are speaking. You will learn to see your conversations — and change the framework of your conversations — as opportunities to create better alignment for both parties moving forward. Listen now to learn more about the framework for mastering your emotions so you can master your conversations!
Highlights from this episode:
- The need for good communication tools that we can use to shift our emotional platform
- Best emotions to experience before conversations
- Goals to have when communicating with others
- What patients see and hear in the verbal cues when information is delivered to them
- The reality and proof that situations can look one way and end up turning out much better than expected
- Recognizing that things “happen for us” as opposed to happening to us
- What high performers do when mastering their emotions
- Four reasons people don’t do what we want them to do
Resources and links mentioned:
- Katherine Eitel Belt’s website: LionSpeak
- Katherine’s Courageous Conversation Support Sheet: https://www.lionspeak.net/leader/
- Watch Laura's podcasts on YouTube: Love Your Practice!
- Laura’s email: [email protected]
- Laura’s website: LoveYourPractice.net
- Laura’s podcast: Love Your Practice!
- Laura’s TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@drlauramach
- Laura’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drlauramachdds/?hl=en
To get my FREE class Love Your Employees, text Loveyouremployees (all one word) to 66866
Laura’s Facebook pages:
Thank you so much for tuning in to this podcast! I would love it if you would share it with others and leave a review for others to see!
Find my past podcast videos on my YouTube Page.
And, while you're there don't forget to subscribe so you are alerted as new episodes drop.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.